Lemongrass and Rose Geranium are the two most powerful anti-viral oils used in Ayurveda.
This is a Lemongrass that comes from a grower Somah knows in India. It is wildcrafted.
“LEMONGRASS ESSENTIAL OIL ”
Plant Name: Cymbopogon citratus
About” LEMONGRASS ESSENTIAL OIL ” Essential Oil
- An airborne anti-microbial, known also as an antifungal, also an analgesic
- Historically used as an insect repellent
- Anciently used as a culinary herb in Asia
- Lemongrass has a history in medicine for reducing fever and restoring vitality
- How to Use “LEMONGRASS ESSENTIAL OIL ” Essential Oil
- Diffuse Lemongrass for uplifting or cleansing and restoring the air
- Add it to vinegar/water and tea tree, along with castile soap for cleaning (or without soap for a refreshing yoga mat cleaner)
- Athlete’s Foot blend
5 drops Lemngrass
10 drops Palmarosa
5 drops Lemon
5 drops Patchouli
5 drops Tea Tree
Blend into a small 5 mL bottle and ADD 2 drops to ½ teaspoon of aloe gel and massage into infected area 4x daily for a week.
Other Ways To Use “LEMONGRASS ESSENTIAL OIL ” Essential Oil
- Add ½ oz of Lemongrass to 64 oz of Unscented Laundry detergent
- Add it to your home created lip balm for added support preventing cold sores
- Add it to pet shampoo for insect repelling
- Use in Ayurveda for LEMONGRASS ESSENTIAL OIL ” Essential Oil
- Pitta, Kapha decreasing
- Vata balancing
- Virus protection, air/skin/digestion
- Aromatic Profile and Product Details of “LEMONGRASS ESSENTIAL OIL ” Essential Oil
A very strong grassy scent. The grass is used in steam distillation. A refreshing and cooling oil makes it wonderful to reduce inflammation, topically diluted or diffused in the air.
An emotionally uplifting oil, it tends to dominate due to high citral components. It is an appetite stimulant and for reducing fatigue
Blends well with These Essential Oils
- Rose Geranium
Safety Considerations for “LEMONGRASS ESSENTIAL OIL ” Essential Oil
May irritate skin when not diluted properly. Use at a .07% dilution maximum. ½ dilution for pregnancy due to high citral.
History or facts of “LEMONGRASS ESSENTIAL OIL ” Essential Oil
Lemongrass is excellent for the immune system; and also high in water-soluble vitamin A. It’s used to improve circulation and the lymph system. Its also a wonderful antidepressant!
Historically it’s been used to restore the kidney and give headache relief.
Lemongrass can grow up to six feet high, it harvests 6 months after planting and can be cut for harvesting 3-4 times per year.
4 MILLION pounds are distilled annually worldwide, as it’s used extensively in the cosmetic world for soaps and skin care; as it’s a known skin safe bug repellent too.
Lemongrass releases resentments and regrets. It protects our auric field from electromagnetic energy (TV, computers, radio) and would be a good one to use in the airport. It affects the solar plexus chakra.
CONNECT WITH A TRAINED OIL PRACTIONER, before making blends yourself. Lemongrass is a powerful oil to be used medically.
This is the top oil for repair of ligaments and connective tissue. It works well at clearing infections especially bladder infections and kidney disorders. Because it helps drain the lymph nodes, it will also help relieve edema and other fluid retention issues. It helps slow down excessive perspiration. Lemongrass can help stimulate the digestive process to run properly, especially the liver. In can be used on pets, dogs in particular, as a flea and tick repellent. It has successfully been used to fight jet lag, clear headaches, combat nervous exhaustion and stress related conditions.