Botanical Name: Citrus Limonum
It is best known for its ability to cleanse toxins from the body and it’s widely used to revitalize energy, purify skin, and used as an antiseptic & anti-fungal.
About Lemon Essential Oil
- Lemon has a strong citrus smell that is refreshing and revitalizing.
- The properties of lemon are stimulating, calming, antiseptic, anti-fungal, and detoxifying.
- While lemon adds a pleasant taste and aroma, it aids in digestion and stomach problems.
- The detoxifying and astringent nature rejuvenates sagging or tired looking skin.
- Inhaling lemon oil increases concentration and alertness.
- The high vitamin content gives a boost to the immune system.
How to Use Lemon Essential Oil
- Diffuse it: and concentrate!
4 drops Lemon
2 drops Peppermint
1 drop Rosemary
- Detox the blood: and cleanse
3 drops Lemon oil
1 drop Tea tree
A small bunch of mint leaves
Add to 32 oz or more of water and let chill in fridge over-night. Drink on an empty stomach before Yoga. A benefit to breath practice, “Pranayama”
Other Ways To Use Lemon Essential Oil
- Clean it: and smell great
Add to 4 oz or more, Vinegar/Water solution
10 drops Lemon
5 drops Tea Tree
4 drops Pine
- Can be used in combination with Niaouli, internally, as an earache remedy, when properly blended and administered.
Use in Ayurveda for Lemon Essential Oil
- Decreases Vata & Pitta
- Balances Kapha
Aromatic Profile and Product Details of Lemon Essential Oil
- Inviting and cheerful this cooling and drying oil is brightly known to uplift and focus. It brings blends together nicely. It’s used as an: Astringent, Antiseptic, Expectorant, Carminative, Anti-depressant, and Antiviral enhancer
Blends well with These Essential Oils
- Cedar, atlas
- Tea Tree
Safety Considerations for Lemon Essential Oil
- Can be irritating to skin; drying
History or facts of Lemon Essential Oil
- The aroma of lemon can inspire increased concentration and awareness. A Japanese study showed that after diffusing lemon oil throughout a busy office building, typing errors decreased by 54%. Lemon and Peppermint oils are also used in German office spaces to increase efficiency and productivity.
- Around 3,000 lemons are cold pressed to make 2 pounds of lemon oil ( 1 liter). Therefore, it is quite expensive to produce.