Botanical Name: Citrus paradisi
Our Pink Grapefruit Essential oil has a fresh, sharp, bitter yet fruity, refreshing scent. It is renowned for its cleansing effects on the body and mind. Inhalation can both detox and defend.
Its astringent quality can smooth and restore suppleness to the skin. Grapefruit oil is a mild euphoric that eases daily stress. It can soothe and uplift the emotions and spirit. It can be applied topically, inhaled, diffused, or used in the bath. Properties include: antibacterial, antidepressant, antiseptic, astringent, depurative, digestive, diuretic, restorative, stimulant, tonic.
About Grapefruit Essential Oil
- Used to create euphoria and self worth, this is used in common blends for uplifting emotions associated with depression and shame
- Is often used in skin creams or bath salts but highly diluted due to photo-toxicity and skin-drying properties
- Used for lymphatic drainage and smoothing cellulite in addition to perfumery
- Because Grapefruit Essential oil is an immunostimulant (high levels of D-limonene) it can be used to activate white blood cells
- Used as an antiviral
How to Use Pink Grapefruit Essential Oil
- Can be added to drinks and salad dressings with proper dilution
- As a lymph stimulant, it can be added to lotions or carrier oils as a body massage enhancement when proper dilution is practiced
- Add Grapefruit to perfume blends to contrast deep base notes like Vetiver or Patchouli
- Can be used in combination with other oils in a DIY inhaler
- An excellent airborne antimicrobial
Other Ways to Use Grapefruit Essential Oil
- Diffuse to uplift emotions:
6 oz of water in diffuser
3 drops Grapefruit
2 drops Lavender (exchange it for Patchouli for a deeply grounding scent)
2 drops Lemon (or Orange!)
- As a morning parfait:
1 to 1½ cup Coconut or Cashew yogurt
1 Teaspoon raw honey drizzled
2 drops Grapefruit
2 drops Lemon
2 drops Orange
1 drop Lime
Handful of nuts: pecans, almonds, peanuts, or mix it up!
Sprinkle of chia & hemp seeds
- Put in your palm and apply to feet before yoga or meditation
2 drops Grapefruit
1 drop Patchouli
Uses in Ayurveda
- Kapha and Vata decreasing
- Pitta stimulating
Aromatic Profile & Product Details
Sweet, warming/drying, stimulant, diuretic, digestive. A cooling effect on the skin.
Blends Well With
Phototoxic, may cause skin sun damage when in directly exposure to sun. Must be diluted to 1%.
History / Facts of Grapefruit Essential Oil
A stimulating, euphoric oil, Grapefruit is used to regulate eating disorders and to uplift the mood. It has been used to stimulate the gallbladder and the production of bile in the liver.
An oil often used to increase self esteem.
Often, White Grapefruit is preferred in perfumery due to the color. Pink Grapefruit has a stronger, crisper scent but has a deep orangy/pink color that can be staining.