Plant Name: Cymbopogon, martinii
About “Gingergrass” Essential Oil
- An exotic oil that balances and calms by increasing circulation and blood flow
- Use Gingergrass to calm stress headaches and sinus congestion
- A known antiviral oil in AyurvedaHow to Use “Gingergrass” Essential Oil
- In the diffuser it can warm the room energetically
3 drops Gingergrass
2 drops Vetiver
4 drops Orange or Mandarin
- As a massage oil blend it can draw an increase in circulation to the limbs
- A fantastic oil to use for managing allergies, increasing lung function and easing congestion
Other Ways To Use “Gingergrass” Essential Oil
- Use it for warming energy on the neck/shoulders
- Add it to the diffuser for a gentle uplifting scent for the over active mind while stimulating the immune systems strength
- Warm up the body and ease joints before yoga blend:
1 oz Jojoba
4 drops Rosemary, cineol
4 drops GINGERGRASS
10 drops Black Spruce
Massage into tight muscles before your workout or yoga (30 min if you need the scent to settle a bit first before entering a public, busy place)
- Use in Ayurveda for “Gingergrass” Essential Oil
- Increases Pitta and Vata
- Decreases KaphaAromatic Profile and Product Details of “Gingergrass” Essential Oil
A rich spicy, yet earthy oil that shares the same botanical name as Palmarosa is VERY different. As it’s lemony, it also has a sharp side which is felt in circulation recipes.
- Blends well with These Essential Oils
- Safety Considerations for “Gingergrass” Essential Oil
May cause irritation for those with sensitive skin. DILUTE with a carrier and other oils.
- History or facts of “Gingergrass” Essential Oil
A common oil used in Ayurveda.
A long time oils used for balancing allergies and congestion. It’s also been used for soothing tight joints caused by dryness and aging.
An interesting oil that quickly takes over the ‘bouquet’, it’s an uncommonly known oil in the west.
This oil helps to open the heart chakra and connect with the mother earth energy that in turn provides us with a sense of security and unconditional love. When we are in a state of fear our heart energy closes and we become shut down.