“Geranium hydrosol” Himalayan
Plant Name: Pelargonium graveolens
About “Geranium hydrosol” Essential Oil
- An analgesic, this is used for pain relieving properties, as it’s also an anti-inflammatory
- Calms emotional feelings, supports a feeling of stability
- One of the most powerful antibacterial oils known
- A Cicastrisant, meaning it’s skin healing
- How to Use “Geranium hydrosol” Essential Oil
- As a lymphatic, it is gently stimulating to the lymphatic system. Use it with Grapefruit oil added to the liquid or even aloe gel
- Spray it on areas to disinfectBaby spray for Caregivers
2 oz Geranium in a spray bottle
3-6 drops of Lavender, reserve Essetial oil
Swirl together and spritz on caregiver and then hold baby to soothe an relaxCan be used directly on changing tables and even safe enough to spray on nipples for soothing raw nipples. Wait 20-30 minutes before nursing.
Other Ways To Use “Geranium hydrosol” Essential Oil
- A sweet linen spray for children and adults
- Put in the fridge and use for soothing hot flashes
- Use in Ayurveda for “Geranium hydrosol” Essential Oil
- Pitta and Kapha decreasing
- Vata balancing
- Aromatic Profile and Product Details of “Geranium hydrosol” Essential Oil
A cooling and moisturizing oil with a sweet and astringent taste. A wonderful addition to foaming soaps at home or office.
- Blends well with These Essential Oils
- Tea tree
- Safety Considerations for “Geranium hydrosol” Essential Oil
- History or facts of “Geranium hydrosol” Essential Oil
Many of the same components in Geranium can be found it Rose oil too. It’s very nourishing for dry and aging skin as well as helpful to reduce scar tissue.
Try using it to cool athlete’s foot and other irritated skin issues.
Rose Geranium and Geranium are quite different in structure as well as VERY different in scent. There are many varietal types of Geranium; Asperum and Graveolens are just two, commonly used.
A hydrosol is the by-product of steam distillation. Generally there is 1 gram of oil in each 1000 grams (1 kg) of liquid. This makes it more gentle as an aromatic spray than a pure Essential oil. EXCELLENT for those with extreme sensitivities; elderly, babies, those on strong medications.
Geranium from the Himalayan’s has a soft and delicate flowery, yet green and leafy fragrance. Very different than Rose Geranium. It can be used for complex and combination skin types where restoring balance is quickly needed. Geranium hydrosol is wonderful kept in the refrigerator as a cool mist for hot flashes. Lovely in the bathtub and very erotic! An excellent base spray to use for babies as an anti-bacterial spray in the air and on changing table, toys and of course in the diffuser!