Plant Name: Coriandrum sativum
Country of Origin: France
- A wonderfully cooling Essential oil
- Known to decongest the liver
- Has been used as an aphrodisiac
- A diuretic when used medically
Properties: Warming, drying; strong and pungent aroma
How To Use:
- For cooking
- For compressions
- Add to shampoo
- Used medicinally and professionally in douche blends
Massage blend to ease digestion:
- 1 oz of Jojoba oil, in a plastic PET bottle / flip top
- 6 drops Coriander
- 4 drops Cardamom
- 8 drops India Basil (high in linalol)
Massage onto belly to relieve digestion and cramping, or before you eat to prepare the belly.
Aromatic Profile of Coriander:
Pleasant, sweet, and cooling. A versatile oil used in cooking and topical blends.
Decreases Pitta, Vata & Kapha
Can increase Vata in high doses
Blends well with:
- Cedar, atlas
- Clary Sage
Avoid taking internally during pregnancy. Can increase vata with nerve tissue deficiency. Can irritate kidneys in high doses.
Often used as a carminative to stimulate digestion, this is an oil produced from the seed of the cilantro leaf.
An ancient antidote to hot spicy foods! Often used in Mexican and Indian dishes.