Rose Otto Hydrosol (Bio-Certified)
“Rose Otto hydrosol”
Plant Name: Rosa damascena
About “Rose Otto hydrosol” Essential Oil
- Rose Otto Hydrosol is a classic “water” used in the highest skin care products, Persian cooking and baked goods.
- Used as an aphrodisiac dating back thousands of years.
- The Rose ‘otto’ means it was steam distilled twice for maximum collection of oil
How to Use “Rose Otto hydrosol” Essential Oil
- Rose hydrosol can be used cosmetically or as a room spray. It makes a great linen spray before bed
- Try it in the bath water too!
- Rose otto hydrosol can be ‘spritzed’ into beverages such as club soda or Champagne!
- In the warmer seasons, add 1 drop Peppermint and 2 drops Lavender for a cooling sensation to the skin (or for hot flashes!)
Other Ways To Use “Rose Otto hydrosol” Essential Oil
- A hydrosol is perfect for children. They need a lot less of the potency of an essential oil. Can be soothing for post-partum Moms as well.
Anti-aging Face spritz recipe:
2 oz of Rose otto hydrosol in a glass spray bottle
12 drops Frankinense, carterii
12 drops Helichrysum
Swirl together and spritz onto face after washing and under face cream.
Uses in Ayurveda for “Rose Otto hydrosol” Essential Oil
Soothes Vata and Pitta
Can be sprayed directly into eyes to soothe dryness. Often used after a nedra basti
Aromatic Profile and Product Details of “Rose Otto hydrosol” Essential Oil
Such a decadently sweet floral scent. Lighter than an Essential oil in aroma, as it’s the by-product of the distillation so it contains the same chemical profile at a lighter level.
Blends well with These Essential Oils:
Safety Considerations for “Rose Otto hydrosol” Essential Oil
History or facts of “Rose Otto hydrosol” Essential Oil
Rose water and a Rose hydrosol are different. A hydrosol is the first liquid that comes from the steam distillation action of an Essential oil. In time the oil forms at the top and the two are separated and used differently.