Lemon essential oil has been used in Ayurvedic medicine to treat a wide range of health conditions for years. Lemon essential oil is one of the most popular citrus essential oils because of its versatility and powerful antioxidant properties. It is best known for its ability to cleanse toxins from the body and it’s widely used to revitalize energy, purify skin, and used as an antiseptic & anti-fungal.
Plant Name: Citrus Limonum
About Lemon Essential Oil
- Lemon has a strong citrus smell that is refreshing and revitalizing.
- The properties of lemon are stimulating, calming, antiseptic, anti-fungal, and detoxifying.
- While lemon adds a pleasant taste and aroma, it aids in digestion and stomach problems.
- The detoxifying and astringent nature rejuvenates sagging or tired looking skin.
- Inhaling lemon oil increases concentration and alertness.
- The high vitamin content gives a boost to the immune system.
How to Use Lemon Essential Oil
Diffuse it: and concentrate!
4 drops Lemon
2 drops Peppermint
1 drop Rosemary
Detox the blood: and cleanse
3 drops Lemon oil
1 drop Tea tree
A small bunch of mint leaves
Add to 32 oz or more of water and let chill in fridge over-night. Drink on an empty stomach before Yoga. A benefit to breath practice, “Pranayama”
Other Ways To Use Lemon Essential Oil
Clean it: and smell great
Add to 4 oz or more, Vinegar/Water solution
10 drops Lemon
5 drops Tea Tree
4 drops Pine
- Can be used in combination with Niaouli, internally, as an earache remedy, when properly blended and administered.
Use in Ayurveda for Lemon Essential Oil
- Decreases Vata & Pitta
- Balances Kapha
Aromatic Profile and Product Details of Lemon Essential Oil
- Inviting and cheerful this cooling and drying oil is brightly known to uplift and focus. It brings blends together nicely. It’s used as an: Astringent, Antiseptic, Expectorant, Carminative, Anti-depressant, and Antiviral enhancer
Blends well with These Essential Oils
- Cedar, atlas
- Tea Tree
Safety Considerations for Lemon Essential Oil
- Can be irritating to skin; drying
History or facts of Lemon Essential Oil
- The aroma of lemon can inspire increased concentration and awareness. A Japanese study showed that after diffusing lemon oil throughout a busy office building, typing errors decreased by 54%. Lemon and Peppermint oils are also used in German office spaces to increase efficiency and productivity.
- Around 3,000 lemons are cold pressed to make 2 pounds of lemon oil ( 1 liter). Therefore, it is quite expensive to produce.