Jatamansi/Spikenard (Nepal, Bio-Certified)
Plant Name: Nardostachys jatamansi
Country of Origin: Nepal
Plant Part: Root (Rhizome)
Extraction Method: Steam distilled
About: A most fascinating oil: “Jatamansi,” as it’s referred to in Ayurveda or “Spikenard” as it’s written about Biblicly, has a long history of anesthetizing and offering calming effects while acting as an anti-inflammatory and healing tissue. It has a history of being used as a psychoactive oil for dreams.
Properties: Warming, drying; strong and pungent aroma
How To Use:
- To Instantly Cool Down: Apply one drop neat to 3rd eye or crown chakra
- Insect Repellent: Apply to inner elbows and behind the knees
- Improve Sleep / Reduce Hyperactivity: Add to a diffuser
- Promote Rejuvenating Night’s Sleep: Apply one drop on the bottom of feet and one drop on crown chakra
- For Mature Skin: Add to moisturizer
- 7 drops Jatamansi
- 2 drops Lavender, Kashmir
- 2 drops Vetiver
- 2 drops Sandalwood
- 5 drops Lemon
Add to 1 oz of Jojoba or unscented cream and massage onto belly and/or feet
Decreases Vata & Kapha
Jatamansi has therapeutic properties that act as an anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, calmative, sedative, laxative, and rejuvenating qualities for mature skin. Can help with tension, allergies, skin inflammation/rash, stress, migraine, nervous indigestion, regulation of menstruation, and insomnia.
In the New Testament, Mary spent an entire year's salary to purchase the Jatamansi that she used to anoint Jesus’ feet.