Essential Oils Not Recommended for Internal Use:
Atlas Cedar, Blue Chamomile, German Chamomile, Roman Chamomile, Carrot Seed, Cinnamon Leaf, Cistus, Clove, Douglas Fir, Eucalyptus Citriodora, Eucalyptus Globulus, Helichrysum, Lavender Absolute, MQV, Mugwort, Myrrh, Palmarosa, Patchouli, Rosemary Cineol, Sage, Sandalwood, Spearmint, Spikenard, Vetiver, Wintergreen. And more, these are most popular.
Essential Oils Basic Usage
Essential Oils are always great to diffuse aromatically. Oils safe for the skin, can be dropped into any carrier oil / lotion and applied as desired. Another simple way is to place a few drops of your favorite essential oil in the palms of your hands, cupping your hands around the face and taking a few deep inhalations. Any excess oil can be smeared through your hair, shoulders or clothing.
I love using essential oils for cooking, cleaning, decongestant and so much more…
There are a few to have extra “respect” for… where LESS IS TRULY MORE!
Often instead of “A DROP” I’ll advise, a smear. In case where a drop can flavor a serving size of 3-5, please take my suggestion and don’t ruin an entire recipe. Go lightly at first.
ANISE: HOMEMADE CANDIES
BASIL (INDIAN): SALAD DRESSINGS! (AND LEMON?)
BERGAMOT: FLAVORING OF EARL GREY TEA
CARDAMON: SALAD DRESSINGS, HOMEMADE FROSTING/CHOCOLATES
CINNAMON: COFFEE, COOKIES, WAFFLES, ETC
CLOVE: COOKIES, BREADS, ETC
FENNEL: PIZZA SAUCE, ETC.
GINGER: TEA, OTHER BEVERAGES, COOKIES
LAVENDER: LEMONADE, RED WINE!
LIME: WATER, SALAD DRESSING (PAIRS WITH ORANGE!)
NEROLI: HOMEMADE FROSTING, BISCOTTI
OREGANO: GARLIC BREAD, SPAGHETTI SAUCE
PEPPERMINT: WATER, COOKIES, ICE CREAM
ROSE OTTO: (STEAM DISTILLED, NOT ABSOLUTE) CHAMPAGNE!
ROSEMARY VERBENONE: SALAD DRESSING, TEA, ETC.
OILS THAT CAN BE INGESTED AND SAFELY ‘SPILLED’ INTO YOUR BEVERAGE:
All the citrus oils below are delicious in water in a glass or stainless steel container. NEVER PLASTIC: Even PBA free, etc!
LEMON: WATER, FIZZY WATER, TEA, YOGURT, ANYTHING THAT WOULD TASTE GOOD CITRUSY
ORANGE: COCKTAILS, ETC.
ROSE HYDROSOL: CHAMPAGNE, ICE CREAM, COOKIES
Pregnancy & Essential Oils
Oils that support pregnancy:
Bergamot, Chamomile (German or Roman), Clary Sage, Cypress, Frankincense, Geranium, Lavender, Lemongrass, Neroli, Orange, Patchouli, Rose, Rosewood, Sandalwood, Tangerine. A mother’s instinct is the best guide for her specifically.
What harm can they do?
Oils that can be irritating or intense in aroma, will on there own, keep a pregnant mother
from heavy use. Let intuition be the guide.
Oils to avoid during pregnancy~
angelica, anise seed, basil, camphor, cedarwood, champa, citronella, hyssop, jasmine,
juniper, lemon balm, lovage, marjoram, melissa, mustard, myrrh, pennyroyal, peppermint,
rosemary, sage, savory, thyme, wintergreen.
ESSENTIAL OILS for CHAKRAS
ROOT– MULADHARA: Oils are deep, earthy and grounding roots and resins
SACRAL plexus – SWATIESTHANA: Oils that balance emotions and creative blocks, often the flower of the plant is uses since it is the sexual part of the plant stimulating expression.
- Sandalwood transitional grounding, as it is an aphrodisiac via inner peace
- Jasmine the Flower King! A known yin/yang balancer, a transcendent oil uniting physical love into its most spiritual form. Encouraging responsiveness to beauty.
- Rose the Queen of the Flowers! A connector to the fourth chakra, heart; transforming sexual love into deeper devotional love additional oils patchouli, vanilla, douglas fir or other balsams.
SOLAR plexus– MANIPURA: Oils that support confidence, patience, determination and strength;blood cleansing oils
- Vetiver as a fixative in nature, it is protective and balancing
- Juniper acts as an energetic barrier to others
- Carrot Seed is actually a carrier oil assisting in eliminating emotional blocks as it strengthens intention and will power other favorites peppermint, ginger, cinnamon bark, mandarin, spearmint
HEART – ANAHATA: These oils reflect love in its deepest, most authentic form. They release emotional trauma and open the lungs, reconnecting to daily joy
- Rose An excellent reproductive tonic; heals grief, jealousy and envy
- Bergamot an oil that activates optimism; allows love to acknowledge their own highest gifts
- Lavender balances and harmonizes the upper and lower triangles of the body
- Geranium An oil of innocence! Wonderful to stimulate innate child-like joy
THROAT – VISSUDHA: Oils that activate freedom of one’s inner wisdom. They encourage creativity while maintaining alliance with truth of one’s purpose.
- Myrrh encourages one to speak out, against fear
- R. Chamomile imparts truth to be spoken in a calm manner
- Lemon an oil of focus and cleansing abilities
THIRD EYE – AJNA: The oils found beneficial to re-connecting the memory, shifting the
analytical mind to the intuitive one; develop the third-eye center
- Rosemary an oil of spiritual transitions, signaling clarity on thoughts connecting the mind to spiritual principals
- Helichrysum stimulates the enhancement of the unconscious; fostering compassion
- Juniper opens the mind to altruistic outcomes
- Clary Sage invites the “clarity of the inner sage”
CROWN – SAHARARA: Spiritual transcendence is the affect of these oils. They remind us to allow the ultimate unfolding of consciousness.
- Frankincense The oil of the inner guru; “the Father in me”. This forms a continuous connection to the available power
- Lavender the flowers color lavender activate the opening of the crown chakra, making manifest all potential
- Other oils known Angelica, Cedarwood & Sandalwood